If you are like our family, you are busy with all sorts of activities every evening so these slow cooker recipes have been a life saver for us. Many of us are working a full-time job and gone most of the day, so having a slow cooker with a timer still allow us to prepare a meal that will be ready when we get home from our busy day. We have been dabbling with all sorts of new recipes and tweaking them to our liking. Our kids have become BIG fans of the slow cooker meals as well because it makes our whole house smell good 🙂 I thought this would be a cool way to share some NEW slow cooker recipes and hopefully save your family some time as well as offer a fantastic alternative to fast food.
The Beef Stroganoff Slow Cooker Recipe is very easy to prepare and the longer it cooks the more tender it becomes. You can use either London Broil or Beef Chuck Roast. We prefer the Beef Chuck Roast, but either works just fine. I highly recommend slicing it thin. This allows it to cook better and the meat becomes much more tender. Let us know your thoughts after you have tried it please.
- 2 pounds London Broil or beef chuck roast
- 1 pint fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion, thinly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 ½ cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces sour cream (low fat)
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- Egg noodles
- With a sharp knife, slice beef diagonally across the grain, thin (1/4 inch). Place beef, mushrooms, onions, garlic, salt, and pepper in the slow cooker
- In a bowl, add the beef broth, flour, and mustard and whisk. Pour mixture over beef and mushrooms and stir to combine. Cover with lid and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 5 ½ hours.
- Once the meat is tender, add sour cream and fresh dill. Stir to combine.
- To serve, place over egg noodles. This is absolutely delicious
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my complete Disclosure Policy Here