I am having so much fun dabbling with these slow cooker recipes. Our family especially loves the slow cooker pasta recipes and this lasagna slow cooker recipe is one of our favorites. Jamie and I have tweaked our own pasta sauce and we included that in this recipe. We served this meal at the FREE community dinner and everyone loved it. It is super easy to make and only takes approximately 4-5 hours to cook. If you like Italian food, I think your family will really enjoy this meal.
If your family likes tomatoes you can use 2 cans diced tomatoes in place of 2 cans of the tomato sauce. Jamie likes extra lasagna noodles so we make ours with extra noodles, but again, you can adjust it to your family’s taste. I would love your thoughts once you try this recipe including the pasta sauce 🙂
Here is the recipe:
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- pound hamburger
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons and 2 tsp minced onions
- 1 tsp minced Garlic
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) Tomato Sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 container (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 10 uncooked lasagna noodles
- Cook sausage and hamburger over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sausage and hamburger are no longer pink; drain.
- In a separate pan add olive oil, minced onions, minced garlic, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, dried basil leaves, dried oregano leave, and salt. Cook over medium heat for approximately 10 minutes. Now add sausage and hamburger mixture to same pan.
- Mix 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and the ricotta and Parmesan cheeses. (Remainder of mozzarella cheese will go on top after lasagna cooks, so put back in refrigerator)
- Spoon one-fourth of the sausage mixture into 6-quart slow cooker; top with 4-5 noodles (break into pieces to fit in crock pot) Spread with half of the cheese mixture and then 1/4 of the sausage mixture. Top with 4-5 noodles, remaining cheese mixture and 1/4 of the sausage mixture. Top with remaining noodles and remaining sausage mixture.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting 4 to 6 hours or until noodles are tender. (It took mine approximately 4 hours)
- Sprinkle top of lasagna with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Cover and let stand about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into pieces.
- Best Lasagna Ever 🙂
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my complete Disclosure Policy Here