Here is another one of our family’s favorite chicken slow cooker recipes. This one is smothered in a delicious creamy gravy. The three soups make this recipe burst with flavor. There is very little preparation involved in this meal, just slicing red potatoes, cutting chicken, and heating the gravy. It takes approximately 6 hours to cook on low for the potatoes to get tender. The most important part of this meal is not to stir while it is cooking. The potatoes need to stay at the bottom to absorb the gravy and become tender. Stirring this recipe adds to the cook time.
Our family loves chicken slow cooker recipes so be looking for more to come in the near future. I hope you find these meals are saving your family time and money.
Below is our slow cooker chicken breast and red potatoes recipe.
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1 pint fresh mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can French Onion soup
- 8-10 red potatoes, sliced
- Cut the chicken into bite size chunks.
- Brown in a small amount of olive oil.
- Remove from pan and set aside,
- Brown onion until tender.
- Add mushrooms and garlic and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Spray slow cooker with Pam
- Layer red potato slices in bottom of slow cooker.
- Add 1/2 of the onion and mushroom mixture.
- Top with the chicken.
- Place the rest of the onions and mushrooms on the chicken.
- Empty all three soups into a pan. Stir and combine thoroughly.
- Pour soup mixture over chicken.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or until potatoes are tender.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my complete Disclosure Policy Here