Here is another one of our family’s favorite meals. We love all these slow cooker italian recipes. This one can be modified in several different ways to suit your taste. You can use cheese or meat ravioli, jar pasta sauce or our homemade pasta sauce. You can also add your favorite pizza toppings like olives, banana peppers, and/or bacon. Prep time is approximately 20 minutes and it cooks in about 4 hours on low. We love to serve this with garlic breadsticks. Super easy yet delicious money saving meal.
For all of us that coupon, pasta sauce and pepperoni are common ingredients that go on sale. With the use of Sunday insert coupons or printable coupons we can purchase these at a significant discount. This is why I highly recommend stockpiling these staple food items when we can purchase them for pennies on the dollar.
This is a very kid-friendly meal. What kid doesn’t love ravioli and pizza?! This recipe joins the best of both worlds. Our family loves this Slow Cooker Pizza Casserole Recipe. As always, please let us know your thoughts after you have tried it. I hope you are enjoying these recipes as much as we are enjoying posting them 🙂
- 1 lb. Italian Sausage
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, finely chipped
- 2 jars (1 lb 8 oz) pasta sauce or homemade (our pasta sauce recipe will be at end)
- 1 bag (25 oz) frozen ravioli (do NOT thaw and use either cheese or meat filled or a mixture)
- 3-4 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 package sliced pepperoni
- Spray bottom of slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In skillet cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink and drain.
- Place sausage in large bowl.
- In same skillet, cook ground beef, onion, and garlic until ground beef is thoroughly cooked and onion is tender, drain.
- Add ground beef, 1 jar of pasta sauce (or half of homemade pasta sauce), and sausage. Stir to combine thoroughly.
- In slow cooker, spread half of remaining jar of pasta sauce (Or homemade sauce) to cover the bottom.
- Layer with half of the ravioli and half of the meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups cheese and half pepperoni. Repeat layers
- Cover, cook on low heat for 4 hours. ENJOY!!!
- Joni and Jamie's Homemade Pasta Sauce
- 4 cans tomato sauce (14.5 oz)
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my complete Disclosure Policy Here