As most of you know, we started a new section on the blog with our slow cooker recipes. We have had so much fun working with our slow cooker. So many families, due to time constraints, get into a rut of making the same meals week after week. With all of us knee deep in work, homework, and extracurricular activities, we have found this to be very beneficial to our family. Not only is this a time saver, but it is also saving us money as we no longer have to pick up fast food and can still have a delicious home cooked meal. The prep time on these meals is minimal and most can be prepared the night before. The best part about the slow cooker pot roast recipe is the longer it cooks the more tender the meat becomes. Having dinner as a family is important to us and preparing these slow cooker recipes is allowing us to eat together nightly.
Below is our slow cooker pot roast recipe. If you like pot roast, I think this will be a family favorite. As always, I appreciate any input on this recipe 🙂
- 4-5 lbs Beef Roast
- 1 Envelope of Onion Soup Mix
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- 8-12 oz baby carrots
- 2 lbs red potatoes quartered (8-10 red potatoes)
- 1 medium onion quartered
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups beef broth
- Combine onion mix and garlic powder.
- Rinse roast with water.
- Rub the dry mixture over the roast
- Stab the mixture into the beef using a meat tenderizing tool or fork.
- Slice the onion in quarters and place in bottom of slow cooker
- Place the roast on top.
- Quarter the red potatoes and place carrots and red potatoes on top of roast in slow cooker.
- Add Salt and Pepper.
- Add the Beef Broth.
- Cook on low heat for 8 hours (will literally fall apart)
- This is an easy recipe but makes absolutely delicious pot roast 🙂
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my complete Disclosure Policy Here