RECIPE FOR UNSTUFFED CABBAGE/GREEN PEPPER ROLLS!
If you are like our family, your evenings are packed with all kinds of activities and sporting events. Because of that, I have been dabbling with some quick recipes. I love to cook so it has been fun to try several different ones. This is one of my family’s favorite also, even the kids love this. We loved pigs in the blanket so this is a much easier way to fix it and JUST AS GOOD:)
Here is the recipe:
Unstuffed Cabbage & Green Pepper Rolls
Easy alternative to pigs in the blanket
Write a review
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 ½ tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ small cabbage, chopped
- 2 Green Peppers, chopped
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- In Separate pan make up 2 bags of Rice (i.e. Success Rice)
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the ground beef and onion and cook, stirring, until ground beef is no longer pink and onion is tender.
- Add the garlic and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chopped cabbage, green peppers, tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, or until cabbage is tender.
- Now add the Rice and serve.
Free Tastes Good! https://www.freetastesgood.com/
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my complete Disclosure Policy Here
I love making stuffed peppers (as well as eating them) and this looks amazing.
Mandy Krug says
I made this using ground venison instead of ground beef. It was VERY GOOD!! It did make enough to feed a small army- we like leftovers though. Thank you for sharing this! 🙂